Shrimp Picayune and Dipping Sauce
This recipe's title says it all, Shrimp Picayune and Dipping Sauce. YUMMM!
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup liquid brown sugar or reg.
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup and 2 teaspoons vermouth
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon granulated garlic or fresh minced
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tabasco sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasonings
- Large shrimp, tails on but peeled and deveined
- French or Italian firm bread for dipping in sauce
Place shrimp in flat layer (can be touching) in a broiler safe dish.
Pour sauce over shrimp (enough sauce for 4 dishes of shrimp). Broil for 5-7 mins or until shrimp is pink.
Serve shrimp in shallow bowls with sauce for dipping bread or on a plate with a small bowl for the sauce.