Super Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Chewy and hearty, these oatmeal raisin cookies are both tasty and incredibly healthy.
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup honey
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (preferably organic)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups wheat germ
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup powdered fat-free milk (preferably organic)
- 1 tsp salt
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 17mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
In a large bowl, stir together the canola oil, honey, eggs, vanilla extract, raisins, chopped walnuts, wheat germ, and rolled oats.
In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, powdered milk, and salt.
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until well-combined.
Using a mini ice cream scoop or small spoon, scoop out spoonfuls of the cookie dough and place on the prepared baking sheet. Cookies will not spread too much, so there's no need to leave a lot of room between each.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until dry around the edges. Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Nutritional Information Per Cookie:
92.4 calories, 4.6 grams fat, 0.4 grams saturated fat, 1.5 grams fiber, 6.3 grams sugar, 2 grams protein
You'll also love
- Chili Sauce for Hot Dogs, Fries... 4.3/5 (57 Votes)
- Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta 4.4/5 (46 Votes)
- Baked Mashed Potato Cakes 3.9/5 (98 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp in Panini Press 4.2/5 (59 Votes)
- Flat Belly - Cuban Steak w/Avocado... 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Fish Tacos with Lime Sauce 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Raisin-Orange Scones 4.9/5 (7 Votes)