Jalapeno Kettle Chip Crusted Chicken with Jalapeno Ranch
- For the Jalapeno Ranch Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup lowfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup (plus 2 tablespoons) lowfat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing (the powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash of cayenne
- 5-6 hot pickles jalapeno slices, finely chopped
- For the Chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1 3/4 - 2 pounds total)
- 1 bag Jalapeno Kettle Chips, crushed
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash cayenne
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
For the Jalapeno Ranch Dipping Sauce:
Mix ingredients together (adding additional buttermilk until desired consistency). Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the Chicken:
Preheat oven to 375º. Place an oven safe cooling rack in a large jelly roll pan and spray with non-cooking spray. In a bowl, whisk together buttermilk, salt, and cayenne. Pound out chicken breasts to roughly 1/2" thickness and add to buttermilk mixture (toss to coat well).
Place crushed Kettle chips in a shallow baking dish. Pull one piece of chicken at a time out of the buttermilk and gently shake to remove some of the excess. Dip into the chips and coat thoroughly on both sides. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all chicken breast are thoroughly coated.
Place into oven and bake for 25-35 minutes, until cooked through (cooking times vary based on chicken thickness and actual oven temperature). Serve hot with jalapeno ranch dipping sauce.
You'll also love
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken Tenders 4.6/5 (189 Votes)
- Chinese Jalapeno Chicken 4.2/5 (180 Votes)
- Jalapeno Chicken & Rice Casserole 4.3/5 (61 Votes)
- Asian Chicken Roll-Ups 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 'Easiest Ever' Chicken Mole... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipotle Chicken Thighs with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Aunt's Ruth Pound Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweetfire Chicken Wings 0/5 (0 Votes)