Whipped this together to go with breaded calamari. Contains no oil and therefore is very low in calories. Turned out to be a wonderful Salsa. Could be used to accompany fish or grilled chicken. Another method would be to double the recipe and puree half and mix back together and serve on Fish, chicken or with calamari rings.
- 1 ripe papaya finely chopped
- 1/2 large sweet onion finely chopped
- 4 red peppers roasted and peeled and then finely chopped.
- 4 scallions finely chopped
- 3 or 4 hot peppers such as scotch bonnet or jalapeno finely chopped.
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped.
- 1 tbsp oregano
Mix all ingredients together and rechop into small pieces. Let marinate for about an hour before using.