Low Carb Macadamia-Coconut Brittle
Brittle made with macadamia nuts and coconut is like a taste of the tropics in this candy! Delicious!
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and salted
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut, flaked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup erythritol, granular
- 1/2 cup tagatose, granular
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from djfoodie.com
In a bowl, toss together your macadamia nuts, coconut, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
Add buttered parchment or a silicone mat to a baking tray with a rim. Also, lightly butter a heat resistant plastic spatula. The idea is, you want these ready and standing by, when the time comes.
In a medium sized sauce pan, place your water, erythritol and tagatose. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally.
Once it begins to boil, reduce temperature to medium-low. Allow to continue boiling until it becomes a dark tan, caramel color.
Remove from the heat and add your nut mixture and butter to the pan. Mix in and stir until the butter is fully melted. This happens fast and is a little bit dangerous. That sugar is much hotter than boiling water and it likes to stick to things. BE CAREFUL!
Once the butter is melted and the nuts are fully mixed into the sugar solution, pour the mixture evenly over the surface of your prepared baking tray. Make sure it's an even layer.
Allow to cool, then break into pieces and eat!
Calories Fat Protein Carbs Fiber SA's Net Carbs
Per Serving: 91.77 9.56g 1.24g 35.32g 1.96g 28.88g 4.49g
You'll also love
- Lemon Chicken Thighs 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Pistachio-Crusted Tuna Steaks 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Sausage, Potato, and Fennel Chowder 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Banana & Almond Butter Toast 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Coconut Chocolate Protein Squares... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Old Bay Green Beans 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Sausage and Stuffing Casserole 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Red Velvet Squares with Cream... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)