Pulled Pork with Sweet Chili Slaw Tacos
Change up taco night with this Pulled Pork with Sweet Chili Slaw Tacos recipe. You won't be disappointed and your family will enjoy them.
- PULLED PORK:
- 4 pounds pork roast shoulder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces beer
- 2 cups sliced green cabbage
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- Several (4-inch) tortillas, for serving
- Cotija cheese, for crumbling
- CILANTRO AVOCADO CREAM:
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 3 tablespoons sour cream or greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
Cover the pork with the salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder. Sear the pork on all sides just until it is golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
Remove the pork and place it in the crockpot. Pour your favorite beer over top, cover and cook for 8 hours on low.
After 8 hours, remove the top and pull the pork apart with tongs or forks. I toss it well with the beer and then cover it and let it cook for another 15 minutes or so.
You have to really toss the meat with the juice to combine everything. Taste the pork and season it additionally if desired.
In a large bowl, toss the cabbage with the sweet chili sauce and the lime juice, adding in a pinch of salt.
The Avocado Cream:
add the avocado, lime juice and zest, sour cream or yogurt and the cilantro to a food processor. Blend until pureed and creamy.
Assemble and serve