Herbed Chicken and Tomatoes
- 8 oz. pasta, such as spaghetti or linguine
- 1 1/2 tsp. basil leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 Tbl. flour, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs. thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 to 3 Tbl. olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (14 oz.) petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbl. fat free half and half
Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain well. Meanwhile, mix seasonings in shallow dish. Reserve 2 tsp. Stir 2 Tbl. flour into remaining seasoning mixture in dish. Coat chicken in seasoned flour. Discard any remaining seasoned flour.
Heat 1 Tbl. oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken in batches; cook 2 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Add additional 1 Tbl. oil as needed. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
Heat remaining 1 Tbl. oil in skillet. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in 1 Tbl. flour. Add tomatoes, stock and reserved seasoning mixture; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in half and half. Return chicken to skillet; cook until heated through. Serve with pasta.