Roman Country Beef Dinner
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 " pieces
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1- 29 oz can whole tomatoes
- 1- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 c. water
- 1 lg onion, about 1 c. chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 4 oz uncooked large macaroni (rigatoni, mostaccioli, shell or spiral ok)
- 1 pkg, 10ozs, frozen cut green beans
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- French Bread
Brown beef stew meat in oil in a Dutch oven; drain. Stir in tomatoes (with liquid), tomato sauce, water, onion, salt, oregano, and thyme. Heat to boiling: reduce heat.
COver and simmer until beef is almost tender about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Stir in macaroni. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until macarioni is almost tender, about 20 minutes.
Rinse frozen beans under running cold water to separate. Stir beans into beef mixture; cook uncovered until beans are tender. 15 - 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Makes 6 servings.
Serve with French Bread. Serve in a bow.