Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- 1 12-oz. pkg. dried jumbo shell macaroni
- 3 large green and/or red sweet peppers, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped red onion
- 1 fresh jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 16-oz. can refried beans
- 1/2 of a 1.25 oz. envelope taco seasoning mix (3 Tbsp.)
- 2 10-oz. cans enchilada sauce
- 1 8-oz. pkg. shredded Mexican-style four-cheese blend
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips, crushed (2 oz.)
- Avocado dip and/or sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse; drain and set aside.
2. In skillet cook sweet peppers, onion, jalapeño, and 1/4 tsp. salt in hot oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken, beans, taco seasoning mix, and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. Cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup each of the cheese and green onions.
3. Divide filling among shells. Spread 1 cup of the remaining enchilada sauce in 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Arrange shells atop sauce. Drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce.
4. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chips and remaining green onions. Serve with avocado dip and/or sour cream. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
You'll also love
- Baked Ziti with Sausage 4/5 (1 Votes)