- For Top:
- 12 large mushrooms (reserve stems for mixture)
- 1/2 pound 80% ChopMeat (Meatloaf mix can be used)
- 1 or 2 Sausage links. casing removed
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, chopped (I also added 1 Tbsp of dried onion - it just added a nice taste to it. Do it to your taste)
- 1 Clove Garlic, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- !/4 Cup Reggiano Parmesano Cheese
- 1 egg
- olive oil
- bread crumbs
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 beef boullion cube. (desolved in hot water) or beef broth.
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
In frying pan heat olive oil and 1 Tbsp. butter. brown chopmeat and sausage.
Season wtih salt and pepper to taste.
Add onion’s and garlic and chopped mushroom stems and cook until tender.
At this point I put the meat into a food processor and give it a rough chop.
Stir in Reggiano Parmesano.
Stuff mushrooms with mixture and place in dish. (store or freeze leftover stuffing. I use it in stuffed pepper or buy more mushrooms and stuff them)
Add a small amount of beef broth to bottom of dish. Top each mushroom with breadcrumbs, then olive oil and the mozzarella cheese if you like. and bake for 15- 20 min. The breadcrumbs and olive oil combine with the broth in the dish, and I use it to marinate the mushroom during their baking.