Ziti with Creamy Walnut Sauce
- 1 pound ziti pasta
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 tsp. grated lemon rind
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fat-free chicken or vegetable broth
- 6 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in blender or food processor, combine the ricotta, milk, walnuts, sour cream, garlic, basil, parsley, and lemon rind. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Drain pasta and place in serving bowl. Add broth and toss to coat. Pur the sauce over pasta and mix well. Sprinkle with parmesan.