Skillet Penne & Sausage Supper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 pound hot or sweet Italian sausage (you can use Italian turkey sausage if you'd like)
- 3 garlic gloves, minced (I use the minced garlic in the jar)
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed and chopped fine
- 8 ounces penne pasta (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 5-ounce bag baby spinach
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese grated (about a half cup)
Adapted from kathewithane.com
1. Heat the oil in a large non stick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the sausage and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes
3. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Sprinkle the tomatoes and penne over the sausage.Pour the broth and milk over the pasta. stir lightly to mix Cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender, about 10 minutes.
Most of the liquid should have been absorbed by the pasta.
4. Stir in the spinach a handful at a time cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. I just lay the spinach on top and put the cover back on for the 2 minutes. It wilts the spinach and makes it easier to stir into the pasta mixture.Stir in the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
You'll also love
- Mashed Potato Muffins 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- BROCCOLI CHEESE CORNBREAD 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Homemade Bacon Egg and Cheese... 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Lobster Ravioli 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- CROCKPOT BEEF AND BROCCOLI 4.3/5 (53 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Bourbon Cocktail... 4.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Veggie & Brown Rice Noodle Bowl... 4.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Fried Ravioli 4.5/5 (38 Votes)