Pizza Pasta Bake
- 1 package (16 oz) penne pasta
- 3 links sweet Italian sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 can (15 oz) Muir Glen® organic pizza sauce
- 1 can (6 oz) pitted ripe olives, drained, sliced
- 1 can (4 oz) Green Giant® mushrooms pieces and stems, drained
- 1 large bunch fresh basil, stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
1 Heat oven to 450°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package, using minimum cook time.
2 Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook sausage, bell pepper and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
3 In baking dish, mix pasta and pizza sauce. Add sausage-vegetable mixture, olives, mushrooms and basil; toss until well combined. Sprinkle with cheeses; top with pepperoni.
4 Bake uncovered 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.