Double Pepper Beef
- 2 medium-size green peppers, halved, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 2 medium-sized sweet red peppers, halved, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 chuck steak fillet (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning, crumbled
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Saute peppers in oil until soft in large skillet; remove to hot platter; keep warm.
2. Cook steak in oil remaining in skillet, turning once, 5 minutes on each side or until steak is as done as you like it. Slice steak and arrange with peppers on hot platter.
3. Stir water, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper into skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, scraping to loosen cooked-on juices in skillet. Boil 3 minutes to reduce volume by one-third. Pour over sliced beef and peppers. Serve with hot cooked rice, if you wish.