Impossibly Easy Ravioli Pie
Add something delightful to your Italian cuisine night. Enjoy the garlic flavored crust of this spinach and ravioli pie made using Original Bisquick® mix – a cheesy dinner.
This dish is ravioli and garlic bread in one! To continue the Italian flavors, serve with steamed green beans tossed in Italian dressing.
No need to stick with plain cheese ravioli—experiment with different flavors. Experiment with various pasta sauces, too, to find your favorite combination.
- 1 package (9 oz) refrigerated cheese-filled ravioli
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves (about 1 oz.)
- 1 1/4 cups tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick® Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (1 oz)
- 2 cups tomato pasta sauce, heated
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 400°F. Grease bottom only of 9-inch glass pie plate with shortening or cooking spray.
Place 1/2 of ravioli in bottom of pie plate. Sprinkle with spinach and basil. Spoon 1 cup of the pasta sauce over top; sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Layer with remaining ravioli. Top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and remaining 1/4 cup pasta sauce.
In 7-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic in oil until fragrant, about 1 minute. In medium bowl, stir garlic, Bisquick mix, milk, eggs and Parmesan cheese with fork. Pour evenly over filling in pie plate.
Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is browned and filling is bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with heated pasta sauce.