This classic adobo chicken is super easy to make and super tasty served with or over hot steamed rice. Add a simple salad or your favorite veggie for a nutritious and satisfying dinner.
- 5 pounds chicken thighs, skin on
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 to 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch salt
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from acupcakeortwo.com
Put the chicken in a bowl and add soy sauce, vinegar, chopped garlic, salt and black pepper. Marinate this in the fridge for about an hour.
Put the marinated chicken (with all the marinated juices) in a pot with the bay leaves and water on high heat. (It is very important not to mix the Adobo)
Once the Adobo is boiling, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
Add sugar to the sauce and reduce for about 5 minutes. Once it has reduced you can add the chicken back into the pot and bring to boil.
Remove from the heat and serve with hot steamed rice.
You'll also love
- Easy Honey Orange Baked Chicken 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Dry Rub BBQ'd Chicken Wings 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Apple Cupcakes 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Triple Chocolate Oreo Chunk Cookies 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken And Vegetable Pasta Salad... 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Golden Corral Bourbon Street... 4.7/5 (23 Votes)
Review this recipe