Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo Recipe
Looking for a recipe with very little work? This is the recipe for you, all you have to do is put the ingredients in the crock pot for a few hours and done! Great served with steamed rice and vegetables.
- 4 medium yellow onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled, smashed
- 1 (5-inch) piece fresh ginger, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cooking time 255mins
Adapted from chow.com
Place the onions, garlic, ginger, and bay leaf in an even layer in the slow cooker.
Remove and discard the skin from the chicken. Arrange the chicken in an even layer on top of the onion mixture.
Whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and pepper together in a medium bowl and pour it over the chicken.
Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through and falling off the bone, about 4 to 5 hours on high or low. Remove and discard the ginger pieces and bay leaf.
Serve with steamed rice.