Ronzoni Baked Ziti
This is the classic back of the box recipe. I usually double the recipe and it still disappears! Make sure you use pasta with the ridges, this holds the sauce the best.
- 1 (8 ounce) box ziti pasta
- 3/4 pound ground beef or 3/4 pound sausage (optional)
- 3 cups marinara sauce (my favorite is Rao's)
- 1 3/4 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from food.com
Heat oven to 350°F.
Cook pasta as directed on box.
In large skillet brown meat (if using) and drain. Add marinara and simmer for 10 minutes.
In a small bowl stir together ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella and seasonings.
Toss the cooked pasta with the sauce and add half of it to a 9x13" baking dish. Then spread the cheese mixture over the pasta.
Add the remaining pasta and top with mozzarella and parmesan.
Cover loosely with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5 minutes until hot and bubbly and cheese is golden brown.