Homemade Meat Ravioli Filling
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 3/4 lb. ground beef sirloin
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup fine dried bread crumbs
Preparation time 90mins
Cooking time 90mins
To make the filling, in a fry pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion, carrot and celery and sauté until golden. 10 to 15 minutes. Add the beef, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon until the meat is no longer red and its juices have evaporated, about 10 minutes. Add the wine, bring to a simmer and cook until the wine evaporates, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
Scrap the beef mixture into a food processor and pulse until chopped. Add the eggs, the 1/2 cup cheese and the bread crumbs and pulse just until blended. Scrape the mixture into a bowl, cover and chill for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.