- 9 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large white onion, quartered
- 3 jalapeno chiles, plus more if desired
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- Coarse salt
- A little time under the broiler intensifies the aroma and flavors of the tomatoes, jalapenos, onion, and garlic here, adding a rich, smoky flavor to this salsa
1.Preheat broiler. Place tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, and garlic on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil until tomatoes and jalapenos are charred, about 7 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
2.Peel the roasted garlic. Transfer to a blender along with the charred tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, and 1 tablespoon salt. Puree until smooth. For a thinner consistency, add water as needed. Season with salt to taste.