Banana Fudge Layer Cake
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Golden Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup mashed ripe bananas
- Frozen whipped topping – thawed (optional)
- Ripe sliced bananas (optional)
- Chocolate shavings (optional)
- 1 tub Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Classic Chocolate Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350 ºF. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
2. Combine cake mix, water, eggs and oil in large bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until moistened. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in bananas. Pour into prepared pans.
3. Bake 28 to 31 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 15 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely.
4. Fill and frost cake with frosting. Garnish as desired. For pictured above serving suggestion, place a layer of cake, then ice with chocolate icing, then a thick layer of the sliced bananas, then repeat. Top with a thin layer of whipped topping and chocolate shavings.