Rosy Tartar Sauce
Fresh Tartar sauce is heaven, but a little ketchup can make it pretty in pink.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Dash of tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon tiny capers, drained
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, dijon mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, tabasco sauce, relish.
Stir in the parsley, shallots, capers, salt and pepper.
Refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 hour or up to 3 days before serving.
Per Serving (based on 2 Tablespoons); 170 calories, 3g Carbohydrates, no protein, 18g fat, 11mg Cholesterol.