Could also use 8 oz. pkg of cream cheese instead of the mayo and sour cream. Adding cayenne pepper also gives heat after you swallow, but add a little at a time.
- 1/2 cup mayo.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cooked crabmeat or one 6- 1/2 oz. can,drained, flaked and cartilage removed.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion or green onion
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon or lime zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- dash ground red pepper
In a bowl combine mayo, sour cream, 2/3 cup of crabmeat, the onion, dill, lemon peel, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce and if desired dash of ground red pepper. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Transfer to serving dish; sprinkle with the reserved crab. Cover and chil for 2-24 hours. Serve with crackers.