Oven Roasted Turkey
- For the Rub:
- 10 lb. Turkey
- Carrots – cleaned and whole
- Celery – cleaned and whole
- 2 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 8 tbs. butter or margarine
- 1 tbs. Bell’s Seasoning
- 4 tbs. Your favorite bbq sauce or hot sauce
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 190mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Clean turkey and pat dry.
Combine the Bell’s Seasoning with the butter and rub all over the turkey skin.
Preheat Oven 325:
Place carrots and celery at the bottom of the pan with the broth.
Place turkey on a rack in the roasting pan and roast.
Half-way through the cooking process rub with Uncle Dougie's BBQ sauce. Cover the breast part of the turkey with a loosely fit aluminum foil tent and finish cooking.
Cook 2 ¾ to 3 hours or until juices run clear.