- 2 dozen cherrystone clams
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup finely minced chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 4 cloves garlic,finely chopped
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 4 slices bacon-cooked until crisp and then crumbled
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finley chopped flat leaf parsley
- Paprika for dusting
- olive oil for drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 450. Wash and scrub clams well. Discard any that are open. Place on a bking sheet and bake until the shells are open. Remove from oven. remove clam meat and chop. save half the shells for stuffing.
2. Heat oil and butter in a small skillet. Add onion, red pepper and garlic, Saute until soft. Remove from heat and cool. When cool; add bread crumbs, bacon , oregano, parmesan cheese and reserved chopped clams to onion mixture and mix well. Fill each half shell with clam mixture.
3.Sprinkle with parsley and paprika. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Place on Baking sheet. Bake for 7 minutes or until lightly browned. remove from oven and serve hot