Chicken, Mushroom and Brown Rice Slow Cooker Casserole
Weight Watcher's dish (5 pts. on PointsPlus). Yields 1 chicken thigh and about 2/3 cup rice-vegetable mixture per serving.
Rate this recipe 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cooking spray
- 8 skinless chicken thigh(s), about 2 1/2 oz each
- 2 C chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 1/2 lb cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 C leeks, white and pale green parts only, thinly sliced, washed carefully for grit
- 1 C carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 C celery, thinly sliced
- 3/4 C uncooked brown rice, medium-grain (such as brown Arborio)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; warm over medium heat. Add the chicken thighs and brown, turning once, about 6 minutes; set aside.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker; nestle the chicken thighs in the mixture. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
You'll also love
- CHERRY CHA CHA DESSERT 4/5 (1 Votes)
- SCOTTISH BEEF AND POTATOES 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Morel Mushroom Ravioli 4/5 (1 Votes)
Review this recipe