Beef Stroganoff Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 pound curly wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (I like the sharp Cabot variety)
Adapted from framedcooks.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 2 quart casserole with cooking spray.
2. Saute chuck and onions in large skillet over medium-high heat until the meat is cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
3. Stir in tomato sauce, cottage cheese and cream cheese and cook another 2-3 minutes until fully combined. It's okay if the cream cheese isn't fully melted...a few chunks are good!
4. Add cooked noodles and pepper to the skillet, stir to combine and pour the whole mixture into the prepared casserole. Sprinkle cheddar evenly on top.
5. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until bubbling and a little browned. Cool for about 5 minutes and serve!