Grandma's Apple Pie
Apple pie just like grandma makes!
- Marie Callender’s Frozen Pie Shells (2 per pack)
- 7-8 Golden Delicious Apples (choose: largest, yellowest color)
- Sugar 1/2 to 2/3 Cup
- 2-3 Heaping T. Butter (soft but not melted)
- 1 About 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2-3 T. Flour or Corn Starch
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 100mins
1. Peel off skins, cut into quarters, remove seeds, stem; slice thin (uniform slices) into large bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients, mix until all slices are evenly coated.
3. Carefully remove top shell from tin foil pan onto wax paper, lightly flour top and bottom of pie shell and roll out between two layers of wax paper on flat surface for top pie crust.
4. Pile coated apple slices in bottom pie pan building to high crown; carefully fold the top pie shell over top; pinch top and bottom pie shells together at edges and flute edges between thumb and forefinger. Cut 3 slits in top pie shell to allow steam to escape.
Recommendation: Set finished pie in cookie sheet or large pan in the oven to prevent any apple juice from boiling over sides and into the oven. Bake in preheated oven at 375 for 50-60 min.
Serve with scoop of Vanilla or Salted Pretzel Ice Cream with Caramel.