Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- 1 tbsp. GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast halves (about 1 lb.), cut into 3/4”
- GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, to taste
- 1 box (8 oz.) GOYA® Yellow Rice
- 1 bag (1 lb.) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Adapted from goya.com
1. Heat oil in 12” skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken all over with Adobo. Add chicken to skillet. Cook until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
2. Add contents of yellow rice mix and 2 cups water to skillet; stir to combine. Bring water to boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through, water is absorbed, and rice is tender, about 25 minutes, stirring in mixed vegetables after 20 minutes.
3. Remove skillet from heat. Sprinkle cheese over rice. Let sit, covered, until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more. Serve warm.