Big Oatmeal Raisin Chews
Recipe source: Cooking.com
- 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats (do not use instant or quick oats)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups raisins
Adapted from cooking.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter 3 large (16 by 14-inch) nonstick baking sheets.
Mix first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until well blended, about 1 minute. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well blended, about 1 minute. On low speed, beat in dry ingredients just until blended (do not over beat). Stir in raisins.
Drop batter by 1/4 cupsful onto prepared sheets, spacing evenly apart and forming 6 mounds per sheet. Bake until cookies are pale golden brown, about 15 minutes. Cool cookies on sheets for 5 minutes. Using metal spatula, transfer cookies to racks and cool completely.
(Can be made 2 days ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.)