Honey-Glazed Coconut Shrimp
- 1 pound of wild prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (like this)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour (like this)
- generous pinch of good quality sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil for frying (like this)
- 2 tablespoons raw, local honey (like this)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Whisk together the honey, lime juice, and garlic in a small mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and set aside.
Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Mix the coconut, coconut flour, and salt in a shallow bowl.
Dip each prawn into the mixture and coat evenly on all sides.
When the oil is melted and hot place the prawns into the pan with generous space.
Cook for two to three minutes per side, or until the shrimp turns opaque and the coating is browned.
Place the shrimp on a platter and drizzle with the honey lime sauce. Sprinkle generously with cilantro.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Maple Salmon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Pork Roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SAUTEED FIDDLEHEAD AND MUSHROOM... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon Burgers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Balsamic Blueberry Grilled Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lobster Dipping Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- W30/D: Crock Pot Lemongrass and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab Norfolk 0/5 (0 Votes)