Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup with chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (2.75 ounce) package quick-cooking wild rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 (4 ounce) packages sliced mushroom blend
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1. Bring 1 1/3 cups broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add onion and next 4 ingredients. Saute', stirring occassionally. Stir in butter and mushrooms. Saute' until lightly browned. Add remaining 2 2/3 cups of broth, rice, chicken, salt and pepper to pan; cook until thoroughly heated. Add set aside broth.