Baked Pasta Florentine
- 1 pkg. ronzoni mostaccioli rigati
- 2 medium zucchini cut into thin strips
- 2 red peppers, cut into strips
- 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 can (13 3/4 oz.) chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 pkg. (10 oz. each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed & well drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Prepare pasta as directed, cooking only 7 minutes, drain. Spoon into 2 greased 13x9-inch baking dishes. Cook zucchini, red peppers, mushrooms & scallions in margarine in a 12" skillet for 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes. Spoon over pasta. Whisk flour into drippings in skillet & whisk in milk; add broth; nutmeg & pepper.
Cook & stir over medium high heat until mixture thickens & comes to a boil. Add spinach & cheese. Pour sauce over vegetables.
Cover with foil & bake at 350 for 40 minutes until thoroughly heated & cheese is melted.