White-Bean Soup with Grilled Sausages
- 1 pound dried cannellini beans
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 large bunch escarole, roughly chopped
- Vegetable oil, for grill
- 8 chicken-apple sausages (about 1 pound)
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
In a 6-quart pressure cooker, cover beans by 2 inches water, bring to a boil, and remove from heat. Let soak 30 minutes. Drain beans and return to pressure cooker. Add broth, garlic, and red-pepper flakes; season with salt. Secure lid. Bring to high pressure over medium-high heat; reduce heat and cook until beans are tender, 20 to 22 minutes (adjust heat to maintain pressure). Remove from heat, vent pressure, and remove lid. Stir in escarole.
2. Meanwhile, heat a grill or grill pan to high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Grill sausages until browned, about 12 minutes; let rest 5 minutes, then slice. Serve soup topped with sausages and Parmesan.