Chicken Penne Alfredo
- 6 ounces dried multigrain or whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 cups packaged peeled baby carrots
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 7.5 ounces chicken breast strips - cooked
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese with herbs or garden veggies
- 1/2 to 1 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
In a 4 quart Dutch oven cook pasta and carrots according to pasta package directions; add broccoli for the last 6 minutes of cooking time. Drain pasta and vegetables; return to Dutch oven.
Stir chicken strips, goat cheese, 1/2 cup milk and pepper into pasta mixture. Cook and stir over low heat until goat cheese is melted. If necessary, stir in enough of the remaining 1/2 cup milk to make sauce desired consistency. If desired, sprinkle individual servings with additional pepper.