- Black Bean Salad:
- 1 # white fish fillets, cut in stripes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 egg
- 1/2 c. milk
- 2 c. panko bread crumbs
- salt & pepper
- Old Bay seasoning to taste
- Oil, for frying
- 8 tortillas corn or flour your choice
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- Black bean salad
- 1 cup fish taco white sauce or sauce of choice
- 1 (15.5-oz) can, black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 1/2 c. corn
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded & diced
- 1/2 c. red onion, finely diced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/3 – 1/2 c. cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- White Sauce:
- 1/3 c. mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. plain yogurt
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 to 1 tsp chipotle hot sauce
Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Toss lightly until well mixed. Let stand at least 15 minutes if using frozen corn, for corn to fully defrost. Can be served immediately, or best when refrigerated at least 1-2 hours, or overnight, to allow flavors to meld.
To prepare the fish tacos sauce, mix the above ingredients together and serve.
Place panko, flour, and eggs mixed with milk in three separate shallow dishes; season flour with salt, pepper and old bay.
Fill a large skillet with enough oil to reach a depth of 1/4-inch; heat over medium-high heat. Working in batches, dredge fish in flour, shaking off any excess; dip into egg mixture. Transfer fish to panko, covering fish completely and pressing lightly to adhere. Arrange fish in the pan in a single layer without crowding; fry until golden and cooked through, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
Warm tortillas. Assemble your fish tacos straight away.
Spread some sauce over tortilla, place some cabbage, bean salad, and fish, drizzle with more sauce.