Baked Potato Soup
- 4 baking potatoes (about 2-1/2 lbs)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup (4oz) reduced-fat shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
Preheat oven to 400 deg.
Pierce potatoes with a fork; bake at 400 deg for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes; coarsely mash. Discard skins.
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place flour in a large Dutch oven; gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly (about 8 min). Add mashed potatoes, 3/4 cup cheese, salt, and pepper, stirring until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
Stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup onions. Cook over low heat 10 min or until thoroughly heated (do not boil). Sprinkle each serving with cheese, onions, and bacon.