Chocolate Coconut Oat Drops
- 1 package (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Dash of salt
- 4 cups quick oats (not instant)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts OR pecans
- 1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
Adapted from karosyrup.com
1.Preheat oven to 350°F.
2.Combine 1 cup chocolate chips and butter in a 2-quart saucepan over low heat; stir just until melted. Remove from heat. Blend in corn syrup, eggs and salt.
3.Stir in oats, brown sugar, walnuts and coconut, then remaining 1 cup chocolate chips.
4.Drop by heaping tablespoons on well-greased cookie sheets.
5.Bake 10 minutes (cookies will not change much in appearance during baking). Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet or until firm. Remove; cool on wire rack.