- 1/2 c Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 c AP Flour
- 1/3 c Cocoa Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/3 c Shredded Coconut
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C. Melt butter in a pot over medium heat.
2. Transfer butter to heat-proof bowl, add sugar.
3. Mix until sugar is completely dissolved.
4. Add the remaining ingredients, except the coconut.
5. Mix by hand using a spatula or whisk.
6. Mix until JUST combined. Any more and you will end up with chocolate cake!
7. Place a piece of parchment paper in a rectangular baking dish, then lightly grease.
8. Evenly spread the batter onto the baking dish.
9. Cover the entire surface with the coconut.
10. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean! Cool completely before cutting!