Ghoulishly scary, but delicious, Pina Ghoulada is a rum and pineapple based cocktail -- perfect for any Halloween party.
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- 20 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup orange juice
- 10 ounces good-quality rum
- EYEBALL GARNISH:
- Canned lychee in syrup, drained (available at most Asian markets)
- Strawberry (or other red-colored) preserves
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen, thawed)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from blog.hwtm.com
Pour the corn syrup in a shallow bowl. Dip a toothpick into the food coloring, and stir a very small amount into the syrup to combine. Hold a glass by the stem, dip rim into the syrup mixture, and turn glass, coating entire rim. Turn the glass upright, allowing mixture to drip down sides. Dip the remaining glasses. Set aside.
Whisk together drink ingredients. Place 2 1/2 cups ice in a blender, and add 1 cup drink mixture. Blend until smooth; add more pineapple juice if mixture is too thick. Repeat with remaining ice and mixture. Carefully pour into prepared glasses; serve.
To Make Eyeball Garnish:
Dry lychee & fill cavity with red preserves. Insert blueberry, blossom end facing out. Spear with a toothpick or cocktail skewer. Float in drink. Gross!