Chocolate Chip Spider Cookies
These chocolate chip spider cookies are easy to make and you probably have all of the ingredients in your kitchen -- they will make quite the impression at your Halloween party.
- 2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled until warm, 1 1/2 sticks
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from tastesbetterfromscratch.com
Heat oven to 325°F.
In a medium bowl mix together flour, salt, and baking soda.
In a separate large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently stir in ¾ cup chocolate chips. The dough will be soft.
Gently scoop dough into balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Remove from oven and place 3-4 chocolate chips into the tops of each cookie, point side up.
Add remaining chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave, on low power, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted. Just barely cut the corner off of a small ziplock bag (you want the hole to be very small to make your spider legs). Spoon the melted chocolate into the bag and use it draw spider legs on the sides of the chocolate chips.
Store cookies in an airtight container or freeze in a freezer ziplock bag.
You'll also love
- Halloween Oreo Chocolate Chip... 4.4/5 (150 Votes)
- Chex Mix Christmas Crack 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Deviled Eggs with Crispy Shallot... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Cheese & Guinness Spread 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Leftover Halloween Candy Cake 4/5 (8 Votes)
- Candy Corn Truffles 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- 50 Flavorful Popcorn Recipes 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Dirty Diapers 4/5 (4 Votes)