- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- Coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 1/2 pound cremini or button mushrooms, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 small bunch scallions, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced 1 1/4 cups fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears corn)
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- thinly sliced 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and sliced
Adapted from marthastewart.com
In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add couscous and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown and fragrant, about 4 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups water, season with salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until liquid is absorbed and couscous is tender, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high. Cook mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Season mushrooms with salt and pepper; transfer to a large bowl. Add 1 teaspoon oil to skillet. Cook scallion whites and corn, stirring occasionally, until scallions are soft and corn is browned, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add to mushrooms.
Add couscous, black beans, lime juice, jalapeno (if using), and scallion greens to mushroom mixture and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide among four bowls and top with avocado.
You'll also love
- Sausage Camembert Spoon Pudding 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chow Mei Fun (Stir Fried Noodles) 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cheeseless Pasta Bake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy Fettuccine with Shrimp and... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Superb Rigatoni and Cauliflower Au... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Couscous Jambalaya 0/5 (0 Votes)