Spicy Pork Chimichurri-Style Casserole
Easy, quick-to-fix recipes designed to give you more time with your love ones instead of fussing around with a big dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1-pound), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, halved, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1 pound unpeeled small red potatoes, quartered (2 1/2- cups)
- 3/4 to 1 pound sweet potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth (from 32-ounce carton)
- 1 can (12 ounces) refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Heat oven to 350°F. In 3- or 4-quart ovenproof Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. In large shallow bowl, mix flour, salt, paprika and black pepper. Stir in pork until evenly coated. Add to hot oil; cook and stir until evenly browned. Add remaining ingredients except biscuits and cilantro, including any unused flour mixture; mix well.
If handles of Dutch oven are not ovenproof, wrap them in foil. Cover Dutch oven; bake 40 minutes. Remove Dutch oven from oven; increase oven temperature to 375°F.
Separate dough into 10 biscuits; arrange on top of hot pork mixture. Bake uncovered 14 to 18 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
You'll also love
- BAKED ONION BRIE SPREAD 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Beef Burgundy *(GOOD)* 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Balsamic Quick-Braised Pork Chops 5/5 (1 Votes)
Review this recipe