Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 2 cup chicken, cooked and diced
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk (I used skim)
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 package pie crust (I used Pillsbury), thawed
Adapted from freerecipenetwork.com
In a large pot, melt butter over medium high heat.
Add onions, celery and broccoli and cook to soften about 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and cook an additional minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly add broth, milk, cream, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Use a whisk to combine, then add in cooked chicken. Heat over medium heat until warm, about 10-15 minutes.
To make crust strips, unroll thawed pie crust (for one crust). Cut into strips and lay on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Bake in a 450 degree oven for 6-8 minutes, until browned.
Remove from oven.
To assemble, Pour soup into individual ramekins and top with shredded cheese and pieces of pie crust strips.
You'll also love
- Chicken Marsala (Emeril Lagasse) 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Festive Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Moroccan Chicken and Butternut... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Red Velvet Pound Cake 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Chunky Split Pea Soup with Ham 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Bayou Chicken Pasta 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Blackened Chicken with Dirty Rice 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Mini Chicken Pot Pies with Bisquick 4.8/5 (5 Votes)