Mexican Chicken Salad over Baked Sweet Potatoes
Pairing this slightly spicy chicken salad with a sweet potato cools the palate and does wonders for eye-appeal
- 4 medium sweet potato(es)
- 12 oz cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 1 medium red onion(s), sliced into thin half moons
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp canned chipotle peppers
- 1 clove(s) (small) garlic clove(s)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp SPLENDA® SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 70mins
Preheat oven to 375°F. Place potatoes on rack in middle of oven and bake until tender, about 45 to 50 minutes.
Put chicken, onion and cilantro in a medium bowl; set aside.
Put remaining ingredients in blender container or bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour dressing over chicken mixture and toss to coat.
Cut a slit in each potato and top each with a heaping 3/4 cup of chicken mixture. Yields 1 filled potato per serving.