Go-For Gazpacho Shrimp
- 4 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1-1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 medium tomatoes; peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 medium red onion; chopped
- 1 green pepper; chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic; minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
In a large saucepan, combine water and salt. Bring to boiling. Add fresh or
frozen shrimp; simmer 1 - 3 minutes or till shrimp turn pink. Drain.
In mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, green pepper, tomato juice,
vinegar, oil, garlic, parsley, oregano, and hot pepper sauce. Stir in
shrimp. Cover and refrigerate several hours or till thoroughly chilled.
Drain marinade. Serve shrimp and vegetables on lettuce-lined plates.
Notes: Great for summer