Baked Seafood Casserole
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 medium onion; finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery; finely chopped
- 1 cup mushroom; thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup parmesan, divided; grated
- 2 cup half and half
- 3 pound seafood, shrimp, crab, scallops
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
Add onions, celery and mushrooms; cook until vegetables are tender
Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Stir in Creole seasoning, curry powder and half the cheese.
Stir in half and half and cook for five minutes while stirring or until
Remove from heat and stir in seafood and capers.
Spoon into a large ovenproof dish.
Spriknkle with bread crumbs and remaining cheese; drizzle with oil.
Bake for 30 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown.
Tip: Can use leftover to make seafood pot pie. Fill a pie plate with
seafood casserole, top with puff pastry and brush with beaten egg. Bake
until crust is golden brown and heated through.