JANET’S SEAFOOD CASSEROLE
- 1 lb medium size fresh shrimp
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb fresh bay scallops
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 lb crabmeat
- 1 4oz can mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Adapted from eatitandlikeit.com
Combine wine, butter, parsley, salt and onion in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add shrimp and scallops, and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 2/3 cup liquid.
Melt butter in Dutch oven over low heat; add flour, stirring constantly. Gradually add half and half; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
Stir in Swiss cheese.
Gradually stir in reserved liquid, lemon juice, and pepper; add shrimp mixture, crab and mushrooms. Spoon into a lightly greased 11 x 7 x 11 inch baking dish.
Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, and sprinkle over casserole. Bake an additional 5 minutes.