BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS
- If you want add in turkey meat or ground beef and chorizo sausage
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 pound Pepper-Jack, Mozzarella, Cheddar or a mixture of cheeses, shredded
- 1 package Sazón Goya seasoning or gluten-free taco seasoning*
- 1/4 cup guacamole (optional)
- 8 8-inch corn tortillas
- Parmesan cheese
In a pot over medium heat, add all ingredients except for the cheese and guacamole.
Stir to mix and cover until mixture is cooked through, but not boiling. Remove from
heat and set aside.
Place tortillas individually in a small skillet oiled or sprayed with gluten-free cooking
spray. Cook over low heat on each side until the tortillas are slightly browned, but
not crunchy. Lay one cooked tortilla back onto the oiled skillet and spoon ¼ of the
bean mixture and the cheese. Place another cooked tortilla on top of this mixture
and sprinkle with Parmesan. Turn quesadilla over using a large spatula, sprinkle
with Parmesan, and cook on the other side until the cheese begins to melt. Serve
on individual plates garnished with guacamole and salsa. Add rice as a side dish, if
desired, and cook per directions above.
*If you cannot find any commercially available gluten-free taco seasoning, try this
1 tsp. chili powder ½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper ½ tsp. garlic powder