Fancy Caramel Popcorn
Caramel popcorn gets dressed up and ready for a party with white and milk chocolate drizzles. Crushed pretzels and nuts provide extra flavor and crunch.
- 1/3 cup un-popped popcorn
- 2 1/2 cups mini pretzels, broken into pieces
- 1 cup lightly salted peanuts or chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment, waxed paper or butter. Set aside.
Pop popcorn into a very large bowl. Remove and discard any un-popped kernels.
Add crushed pretzels and peanuts and gently fold mixture together. Set aside.
In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter.
Stir in brown sugar, light corn syrup and salt. Mix well.
Microwave mixture for 2 minutes. Stir and immediately return to microwave and cook 2 more minutes. Remove from microwave.
Add vanilla and baking soda and stir until frothy, about 10 seconds. Mixture will be VERY hot.
Pour caramel over popcorn mixture and gently stir until evenly coated. Pour onto prepared cookie sheet. Set aside.
Melt milk chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on 50% power in 30 second intervals stirring after each interval until melted and smooth.
Pour melted chocolate into a piping bag or ziploc bag with a corner cut off and drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn.
Repeat with white chocolate chips.
Place chocolate covered popcorn in refrigerator until chocolate hardens, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator and break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
You'll also love
- Buttery Lemon Gooey Cookies 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- KFC Biscuits 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Raspberry Cheesecake Muffins 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Sharp Cheddar Chili Cheese Crackers 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Orange Cranberry Scones 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Creamy Mushroom... 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Impossible Coconut Pie 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Peach Margarita 4.5/5 (33 Votes)